For patients who, due to medical reasons, need air transport and medical escort in a specialized aircraft stocked with all the necessary equipment.
Medical escort for travels abroad
The Medical Escort Department provides our patients with the following services.
Organization of an ambulance vehicle at arrival airport abroad
- For patients who, due to medical reasons, need air transport and/or medical escort in the ambulance vehicle stocked with all the necessary equipment.
- To order an Ambulance, it is necessary to provide medical information about the patient's current condition, a brief medical report, as well as the date and time of arrival, passport details of the patient and of the accompanying person.
- The payment for transportation shall be made on the spot – to the Ambulance Driver after transportation. The cost of transportation depends on the patient's condition, travel distance, type of the vehicle, availability of equipment and the number of accompanying physicians.
Time for providing organization services from 2 hours.
Organization of an air ambulance aircraft
Organization of the air ambulance aircraft for transportation of patients and accompanying persons for treatment or after treatment abroad. For patients who, due to medical reasons, need air transport and medical escort in a specialized aircraft stocked with all the necessary equipment.
The service is provided by Western partner assistant companies; all accompanying medical teams are the representatives of Western states.
To order an air ambulance, it is necessary to provide medical information about the patient's current condition, a medical report, passport details of the patient and of the accompanying person.
The payment for transportation shall be made through an advance payment to the air carrier's account. The cost of transportation depends on the patient's condition and the number of accompanying physicians.
Time for providing organization services from 2 hours.
Transporting patients by air to Austria:
- By scheduled or charter flights. This implies buying from 3 to 9 seats in an airliner, depending on the requirements of the transport operator, and equipping them with special stretchers; the necessary resuscitation equipment and, if necessary, oxygen (as agreed with the air company) are also installed on board.
- By medical airplane (air ambulance) – using a special aircraft stocked with all the medical equipment necessary to transport patients requiring resuscitation.
- By medical helicopter. The cabin of the medical helicopter is completely retrofitted for transporting critically ill patients. The maximum distance that a helicopter can cover without refueling is about 500 km, that is why it is used for medical evacuation at small distances.
- By transport aircraft (on board of the big transport aircraft there is a reanimobile that departs together with the aircraft and enables using it in places where it is difficult for the aircraft to land).
Often the condition of our patients is such that an independent flight without medical escort is impossible, in which case we send with the patient a physician or a paramedic with the relevant qualification having the necessary medicine kits and equipment for providing first aid. We are very attentive to the age characteristics of our patients and help them feel as safe and comfortable as possible while in flight.
If the patient’s condition is worsened, our physicians will not only provide first medical aid, but will also closely follow the patient's hospitalization and stay with the patient until the issue of his/her further treatment or, if necessary, return to his/her home country, is solved.
During medical escort to Austria we provide the following opportunities:
- Accompaniment by a critical care physician in the airliner
- Accompaniment by a team of critical care physicians in the airliner
- Accompaniment of the bedridden patient (stabilized patient not on artificial ventilation) by a critical care physician in the airliner
- Accompaniment of the bedridden patient (patient on artificial ventilation, oxygen, critical condition) by a team of critical care physicians in the airliner
- Accompaniment by a paramedic
- Medical transportation by ambulance from the clinic to the airport and from the airport to the clinic on the territory of the Republic of Moldova and Austria.
We have the possibility to independently book tickets for the flights of any airline. We study various options of airlines’ offers and choose the most acceptable option for medical transportation of patients by a scheduled or charter flight. We also take care of all the difficulties that can arise in overcoming all the formalities when solving organizational issues at the clinic.
If there is a need for transportation of the patient by air, very often the patient’s relatives encounter various problems related to the coordination and requirements of airline companies during the flight of a bedridden patient. We undertake to solve these problems. We have agreements with many airlines. All our equipment is certified, each oxygen tank we carry on board is tested and certified for flights, in order to avoid the difficulty of transporting dangerous goods such as oxygen.
We have information on scheduled and charter flights of different companies, therefore flight connection during patient transportation across multiple cities or countries becomes transparent and not complicated. The flight should not merely be performed, but must be performed during a minimum amount of time, which is usually vital to the patient.
In addition, airlines often require the installation of special stretchers for the transportation of critically ill patients. In this case, we make a request for each specific flight, and at a specified time, the airline installs the appropriate equipment.
Expedited passage through passport control
In order to pass through passport control quickly and easily, we interact with health care centers in airports where our doctors with the patients pass through border, passport and customs control, after which the patient is delivered directly on board the aircraft, avoiding the general procedure of passing through control.