Austriaklinik invites everyone for the treatment of cardiovascular diseases in Austria using modern methods under the supervision of experienced physicians. Our partners’ clinics have a full range of necessary medical and diagnostic equipment that allow effectively detect and treat heart and vessel diseases of various etiologies.
Treatment of heart diseases is one of the most difficult and important tasks that physicians are facing today all over the world. Cardiology in Austria is an integrated and highly professional medical care. By organizing treatment abroad, we help people fight for their health and not to lose hope of recovery. Cardiology abroad is one of the most popular and rapidly developing branches of medicine.
The high level of cardiology abroad is ensured due to the use of innovative equipment, the application of the latest treatment methods, as well as to their continuous improvement, strict adherence to the requirements of the laws and high qualification of specialists.
Write to our physicians via the feedback forum and get answers to all your questions. We guarantee to pay maximum attention and provide comprehensive assistance to each patient when travelling to treat cardiovascular diseases in Austria.
Types of cardiology care abroad
HEART TESTS – DIAGNOSIS OF HEART DISEASES
Cardiology deals with heart and the management of its function. Today, this field of therapeutic medicine has a wide range of tools for examining the heart and diagnosing its defects and diseases. Heart tests serve to identify and diagnose congenital and acquired heart diseases, cardiocirculatory system, blood vessels located near the heart and pericardium. The main heart tests, in addition to ECG, include mainly echocardiography, coronary arteriography and myocardial scintigraphy.
- ECG (electrocardiogram)
- Echocardiography (ultrasonic cardiography, UCG)
- Coronary arteriography aims to find out if there is narrowing in coronary vessels, the weakness of the heart muscle of unknown etiology or valvular heart disease. To this end, in the case of local anesthesia, a very thin tube, called a catheter, is inserted into the aorta that leads to the heart, and coronary angiography is done using contrast dyes visible in X-rays.
- Myocardial scintigraphy is a type of heart test, during which perfusion, vitality and activity of the cardiac muscle (myocardium) is evaluated using contrast dyes. Most often, this test is done for suspicion of coronary heart disease or for monitoring the patient’s condition after surgery.
EXAMINATION OF BLOOD VESSELS – DIAGNOSIS OF VASCULAR DISEASES
Vascular diseases are a collective term for pathological changes in blood or lymph vessels. They have many causes, many manifestations and different but very dangerous consequences.
- The most common type of vascular examination is angiography. It is used for all vessels filled with fluid (arteries, veins and also lymph vessels). The procedure is carried out by inserting a contrast dye into the vessel examined, making it possible to make its X-ray images.
- Coronary arteriography is the examination of coronary vessels.
- Venous angiography is also referred to phlebography and is primarily used if there are problems with veins in the lower extremity.
Such examinations, as a rule, are painless and allow performing diagnosis of abnormal development, occlusion and damage to blood vessels.
THERAPY OF VASCULAR DISEASES
Vascular diseases can affect the arteries, which carry blood away from the heart, and the veins or lymph vessels, which carry blood toward the heart.
The most common vascular disease is atherosclerosis and diabetic angiopathy, developing because of diabetes mellitus and causing massive late complications such as retinopathy, glomerulosclerosis or neuropathy.
A separate area of therapeutic medicine, which deals with all vascular diseases, is referred to angiology. Because of the variety of disease patterns, their causes, and the necessary therapy methods, it strongly overlaps with other areas of medicine: Coronary artery diseases are the subject matter of cardiology; vascular diseases affecting the central nervous system are also studied by neurologists and neurosurgeons. The therapy of venous system diseases and lymphatic vessels intersects with dermatology and phlebology. Vascular surgery is the field of special surgeons.
Thus, when treating many angiological diseases, close interaction between different areas of medicine is required. And that’s is the strength of the private clinic in Vienna, which unites the highest qualification in various fields of medicine in its specialized centers.
Organization of treatment of cardiovascular diseases in Austria
Austriaklinik’s specialists will provide a comprehensive consultation on treatment of heart diseases in Austria. We will also help to prepare documents and send the patient to the clinic. The experience gained in providing services on the organization of treatment abroad and crucial adherence to ethical standards suggests that we cooperate only with reliable medical centers, provide services as a single package, considering every detail, and offer a transparent payment system.